Friday, November 27, 2009

More.

THE LORD IS GOOD AND HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER!

Teach me Lord to understand this fundamental truth about Who You are!!!! I want to know You, more than yesterday...I want to learn more, grow, and remain ever in passionate pursuit of You.

My heart knows that there is more...
more grace, if I would just grab hold of the altar -
more hope, if I would only reach up and take hold of His hands -
more faith, if I would stop looking at me and look into His eyes -
more fire, if I would devour His word as though it were
food for my soul -
more mercy, if I would only stop looking at where I am going and see where He has gone -
I know that there is more...
I know that it is mine...

So why don't I have it?

Because I have chosen less...

less grace, because I fear that in seeking His face, He may require something of me -
less hope, because I am afraid that holding His hands may mean relinquishing my dreams -
less faith, because I know that His eyes are full of an unquenchable flame and my little flame does not burn anything away -

less fire, because I have found that His Word is like a two edged sword and I do not want to embrace pain -
less mercy, because I am afraid that the Lord will ask me to go to the cross with Him -
This is why I have less...but how I want more -

God burn away these fears, these boundaries and walls that I have set up around my heart....
even if I cry and fight oh Lord, I pray that You would do Your work in me,

Yes, I will pray dangerously -
I must have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment