Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shabbat Shalom

Yahweh.
Jehovah.
Rophe.
Shalom.
Nissi.
Yeshua.
Sidkenu.
Master.
Lover.
Refiner.
Savior.
Redeemer.
Jesus.

So many names for my King. So many attributes. What a wonder He is.
Oh, to search the depths of Him.

Lately, I have felt a strong urge to research my Jewish roots and relate Judaism to my relationship with God. So, as a faithful daughter, I have. I began worshipping with a Messianic Jewish congregation on Saturdays and resting on the Sabbath. I lit a Sabbath candle last night. A very special feeling came over me.
I also spent the day....and long into the morning, with friends. Laughing, playing, and talking about God. Nothing is more refreshing. His name, just the mention of it, makes my heart leap. I have felt this kind of love for a human...but even moreso for the King.

My response to Him is deep....deep calling unto deep.

Jonah broke his promise to me. And, yes, my heart is broken. Shattered into a thousand little, sharp pieces. Some days, or nights, the pieces scratch me, and I cry. Who will put my heart back together again? Who will touch the jagged edges and bleed for me as they piece my heart back together? Who will come and soothe me, who will rub my head and wrap me in their arms while I shake and cry? Who cares enough to sit with me for hours as I tremble and weep? Only One. Only Jesus. He will pick up the jagged edges of my broken heart at His own expense. He will place a healing salve on my heart and bind up my wounds.

As I pondered aloud the teachings of Christ and exchanged deep theological thought with friends tonight, a couple jagged edges were secured together and a little part of my heart was healed. God will surround me with strong friends to encourage my faith. Talking into the night, He will knit my heart together with friends like family. What has been taken, He will redeem. What I gave away, He will return to me.

Yes. Shabbat Shalom. Blessed, peaceful, rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment