Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Keurig in my cup!

Recently, I decided to forego washing my hair (but that story is for another day)! This morning I wanted to share my recent success in completely eliminating processed, store bought coffee creamers from my coffee regime. I feel a great sense of pride in this victory as I have pretty much been addicted to coffee since my mom first put her stainless steel Puerto Rican coffee pot on our stove when I was 10 years old! Cafe con leche is more important than food in my book!

Anyway, for the past week and a half I have played with several variations of homemade flavored creamers....and they work! Oh my goodness they are delicious! Enough bragging, I know you are ready to concoct your own milky delightfulness!

Pumpkin Spice Creamer

1 Cup Whole Milk                   4 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 Cup Heavy Cream                1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon (or 3 cinnamon sticks)
3 Tablespoons pureed pumpkin (you can use canned if you want)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract     1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (I use McCormick)

Whisk together all ingredients except vanilla extract. Pour into a sauce pan and heat on medium low until the mixture begins to let off steam. Then pour it all through a stainless steel strainer or a mesh sieve. Use a funnel to pour it into a glass bottle, and refridgerate.



Anna's Peppermint Mocha
(in honor of my good friend, who usually waits all year for her holiday favorite)

1 Cup Whole Milk                   4 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 Cup Heavy Cream              3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract    1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract


Whisk together all ingredients except vanilla and peppermint extracts. Pour into a sauce pan and heat on medium low until the mixture begins to let off steam. Then pour it all through a stainless steel strainer or a mesh sieve. Use a funnel to pour it into a glass bottle, and refridgerate.



I hope you like these as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment